Many people affected by a cancer diagnosis may need support with some or all of the things listed below.
- Physical symptoms for example, pain, nausea and fatigue
- Emotional & psychological needs for example, fear, sadness and anger
- Spiritual needs for example, faith, hope and values
- Family, social and practical needs for example, help at home, child care and financial support
- Information needs for example, cancer diagnosis, treatments and options available
It can be difficult to know what you may need help with, or what may be important to tell your health care team.
One way to identify what help you may need is to fill out a supportive care needs screening tool.
Click on the ‘Your Needs’ button below to take you to the Distress Thermometer and Problem List. This screening tool is used to identify support needs in many hospitals across Victoria.